View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
*dizzy*
as designed? i don't believe the pvp daily states "take you, your alt accounts, and fleeties into this private pvp match, drop the necessary requirements to where it satisfies the conditions met by this daily, and cap your dil for everyone in under an hour. enjoy."
They made that system, they made it alterable.
Quote:
i believe those dailies were designed like this: "compete in x arena three times, get a reward."
These dailies were also designed for a system that didn't have money involved in it, Marks. The old marks grind was set up to discourage you from using it to buy ships, it was doable, but it took a long time.
Quote:
cryptic created the exploit? lol. no, players discovered this loophole. just like the foundry loophole. the former foundry daily doesn't state "click here, get loot." i'm sure it was designed as "complete these three foundry missions, get loot."
now, unless this mission spontaneously popped into existence; it had to be made. Who made it then, well since its not in the foundry, its clearly either the deity of your choice, or Cryptic. My vote is on the latter. So yes they created it.

Quote:
it's a loophole. clever players discovered this loophole. they know they discovered this loophole, and they kept it secret (yeah, i know how this went down.). not only did they kept it secret
Right... its been on the forums several times, its been around, since it was created, But its secret, so secret, that most folks knew about it/
Quote:
, the problem was you can create multiple dummy accounts, bring them into the equation, and after a while, collect a truckton of wealth indirectly through exchangeable items (not going into details).
Exactly, its costing them money plain and simple, and becayse it is, its an "exploit"
Quote:
i've seen this happen on other games. why didn't they patch it sooner? i'm sure they were aware, but in my experience with seeing this situation is any indication, they're collecting data and developing measures to insure it doesn't happen again.
given this is twice in less than a month, they've dealt with design failure on their part that led to "exploiting" you've got far to much faith in them, for me, but hey, thats your choice, and you're welcome to it.
Quote:
i'm not trying to white knight cryptic, but i understand what they had to do.
What I find odd in it, is its timing, again, it involves their source of money, so its fixed rapidly, even as its been around in whole, for a very long time.
Quote:
people need to get off this whole "cryptic is greedy" bandwagon. sto's f2p model is the best out of the other major f2p titles.
The F2P model isn't even a factor here. What is, is priority. Why is it, that a game breaking bug, took several fixes. Yet an exploit that is clearly costing them money, was fixed rapidly, in one shot, oh, and in a fairly "stealthy" way.

In all my time with other MMO's they were big time to announce exploit closings Cryptic, no only doesn't do that, several times they don't even MENTION it.
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?