View Single Post
Ensign
# 6
02-28-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm not even quite sure where to begin with this build ....

It looks like you have tried to shove as many of the "Pay to Win" consoles and sets on this thing as possible without any real synergy to it. If you are aiming for a defensive or "tanky" build, you should drop some of the special consoles and put on some good old fashioned Neutronium Armor and a couple of Field Generators. You have a number of consoles on here which will be all but useless to you:

Theta radiation Vents - You have nowhere near the mobility to make use of this, drop it

Ionized Gase Sensor - This might have some use if alot of the endgame content used cloaking devices, but unless you PvP, you will never use this. And if you PvP in this ship, you will die. Alot.

Transwarp computer - This is so not worth a console slot. Keep it in your inventory and swap it out for another console if you need to use it (or just get 4 ranks in diplomacy and you will be almost there).

Nadeon Detonator - I'm not sure this console works with all the special torps you have on here. I'm sure it won't with some of them.

For weapons, I think you are going to find this takes a very long time to actually get your enemies shields down to where the torpedoes are useful. To make this worse, things like the Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo Launcher have an area effect (2Km or so) that will get you and your fighters if they are close to your target. I'd strongly consider dropping most of the torpedoes and using beam arrays. Perhaps go with Plasma Beam Arrays and keep the Romulan Singulaity Harness set? Add a couple of Plasma Infusers and you might be able to make some decent DPS (Especially with Scorpion fighters and a couple of the Romulan Embassy Plasma consoles). As it is, I think you will find your lack of manuverabilty and lack of things capable of dropping an opponent's shields will make this ship very frustrating to fly.

Kyra, Chancellor, House of Calhoun
Keira, United Federation Starfleet (www.ufstarfleet.org)