View Single Post
Captain
# 54
02-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
If you don't know about the Author ask them before you commit a review. Maybe before you commit a review you could pm them...

I don't know about you but when I'm judging someone elses work I like to be in possession of the full facts and if they aren't handed to me on a plate I go looking for them.

Having a fair and useful review also includes being mindful not to negatively affect the content by creating potentially damaging comments be they in the spirit constructive criticism or not. This is something I often fail at myself so I am no saint on this issue either but it is something I have become reflexive about. Perhaps it is something you should consider because the weight of your comments may be more telling than others you should be mindful not of what you intended to write but of how others perceive your words.

Perhaps a way to resolve issues like this is to have the option to leave private feedback to a mailbox.
I just left a 2stars rating on someone else mission. Honestly it was worth 1star, but he put some work in it. I already felt bad for ranking his mission. But if I give high rating to people who deserve it, I need also to give low rating for those who deserve them. That's fair, and honest. Also, my rating mean something, I don't distribute 4stars rating around. But yeah, I don't like it.
If the low rating are private only, what's the point in rating ?

I could have sent a PM to him, but what's the point ? So he could tell me he worked hard ? I already know that. I already feel bad.

If he have questions about the rating, I'll answer him.

BTW, when you release a mission, as with any "public" work, you expose it. It may have negative review. I'm prepared for it each time I release a mission, and hope it won't happen.