View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 9
03-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
isn't that power supposed to be used offensively? that cloak allows attacking and use of powers - of which science are boosted considerably - and shields for 8 seconds; seems a shame to waste it on evasion when there are tons of other things that can do the same, and don't take forever to recharge
I can't speak for it's intended use or what others use it for. In STFs, when I used it prior to a "big attack", I never really noticed much of a difference. My sensor scan, grav well, tach beam, etc. are all pretty well skilled normally, so maybe that +100 to Sci skills effect is blurred by diminishing returns. I don't know... That being said, the Wells doesn't have a lot of hull points, so if my enemy gets a lucky crit (that doesn't kill me outright) or I otherwise attract too much unwanted attention, I pop this power. Every time I use it as an "oh shoot!" button, it works perfectly to get me out of trouble. And because I do get to keep firing, it's a great "tactical withdraw".

I mean, I get what you're talking about, I'm not saying you're "wrong" - Only explaining my personal experience.

BTW, I used to use the Wells "rewind time" console for that escape, but that cost a console slot, not to mention didn't break aggro, so often still didn't save me. When I got this power and found it has an even better result, for "free" - I used the slot for another Sci boosting -Threat +Plasma console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple1988 View Post
Hi, im a Sci Vulcan captain. i like to PVE and Stf
some times i want to do pvp if my clan ask me to, i want to be able to heal/support them.

so if you have a good pve build please, atm im using a torp build wells.
Cool. Later this weekend, when I have some time, I'll post it for you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.