View Single Post
Career Officer
# 37
03-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
HORRIBLE CALL!!! Why don't you guys fix the millions of tickets that go unnoticed in GM rather than FIXING the so called exploits...after 3 years of STO....finally you realized it was an exploit?
That issue did NOT exist 3 years ago.

a) perfect cloak didn't exist back then. covert was back then only good for a few meters more, target optics alone was good enough to counter cloakers.

b) Omega armor made capturing the virus while being cloaked possible, before omega armor was added this issue never existed.. so 3 years ago cloak running the virus only worked until arriving at the base.. and it was even back then already LAME. That should just not exist in a CTF style map to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
who was complaining about it...I do lots of ground PvPs and never once bothered me a bit.
errr.. yea and who exactly are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
A perception buff to the large turret would have been a good way to handle it. It would have made reaching the mainframe undetected more difficult, but it wouldn't have eliminated the strategy either.
Not really, that would rather been useless.. i can even visibly cap without the large turret being able to hit me in the fvf shanty map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Instead, running the virus as a tactical officer is now a death sentence. You can't cloak, you can't use ambush (on operative and fire team), and you can't use distortion field for the energy resists.
Nope, just tested on tribble, distortion field still works fine while having the virus.

Cloak module and ambush are turned off, no idea why ambush is turned off actually.. the +cloak stat on ambush is useless anyway, cloak-stacking isn't existing anymore so it woulda made more sense to remove the superflous +cloak from ambush and leave that ability avaiable, because crippling tac dmg while carrying the virus makes no sense unless the same is done to other classes.

Aside of ambush being turned off - which makes no sense the change is great and very much needed to stop the cloak virus running exploitation.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-

Last edited by mikiiy; 03-02-2013 at 05:14 PM.