View Single Post
Career Officer
# 7
03-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglydisease View Post
I've been trying to come up with a good pvp build for my temporal destroyer. The problem I have is trying to figure out how to balance my chroniton/temporal divice vs my Dual Cannons, and a good bridge officer abilitie set to match it.

My thought here is to make my ship highly maneverable and be able to stop or slow enemy ships so that my team mates can take 'em down, but maybe this is wrong.

Heres what Im working with right now.

Front: Anti-Proton Dual Heavy Advanced Fleet Mk XII, Chroniton Torp., Temporal Device, Chroniton Dual BB

Rear: Kinetic Cutting Beam. 2 X AP Adv. Turret

Consoles:
Monotonium Mk XI very rare, RCS Acc. Mk XI very Rare
3X Feild Gen Mk XI rare, Tachyokinetic Convert.
Chroniton Flux Mk XI very rare, 2X AntiProton console rare, Borg Console

Bridge:
Transf. SS 1, Hazards 2, Gravity Well 2
EmPwrToS 1, RevSPol 1,
TT1, H.yeild 2, omega 1, RapidF. 3
TT1, TorpSpread 2
EmPwrToS 1

Have yet to buy my desired sheilds/engines/deflector but I'm thinking of going Omega mk xii (atleast for the engines).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have been struggling with this build for sometime. BTW despite the fact that this is tactical build im running it on engineer. Which doesnt seem to make much difference besides the the attack pattern alpha.
The temporal Destroyer is a DPS monster if built correctly and if your specced correctly with your skills. From what I can tell you have too much going on and in the wrong places... but of course this is a matter of opinion and constructive feedback...so dont take offense. Having the same ship my build is as follows:

Weapons - Fore: 4x DHC AP MK III
- Rear: 2X Turret AP MK XII; Cutting Beam

Consoles:
Eng - Neutronium All the way
Science - Tachyokinetic Convert. ZPE, Borg Console, either field generator or subspace jumper console
4X AntiProton console

General Bridge officer skills include the following - X2 TT, Omega, Beta, I also put Delta (I have a purple Doff specialized in this), CSV II, CRF II & III, etc... Emergency Power to Shields, Extend Shields, etc... the usual suspects. My Doff's lend a hand in increasing these bridge officer skills.

Check out the Hilbert Guide for further build advice. Gimmicky consoles are going to be less than ideal for PVP so you will be going for a purist build. Food for thought and good luck with your build.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)