View Single Post
Ensign
# 54
03-02-2013, 02:47 PM
@thisisoverlord
Sorry to disagree, but STO reputation did improve. I'm not saying it has a great reputation, just not as bad as it used to be.
Also, I wouldn't discount Steam as a poor measure base. more then 50% of the digital retail market are covered by Steam and that isn't a small number.
So STO being always in the most popular F2P games just shows that there is quite some interest out there for STO, nothing more.
And your claim on DDO is also wrong sorry. DDO had 1 million new players in 2010. There is a big difference between new players and active players.
I know a lot people who tried it out and stopped playing after a few days.
And even though I'm now just speculating I'm pretty sure it's way below a million people playing DDO these days.
And I don't think there will ever be a game for most Star Trek Fans, except if someone succefully managed to build a holodeck.
A Holodeck is the only thing that would please most Star Trek Fans.
I for one hope that there won't be a new Star Trek MMO in years to come.
There is absolutely no progress in the MMO genre (all MMO's play almost the same anyway really). So no matter who would make an Star Trek MMO these days, it wouldn't be that great really. EA & Bioware couldn't make a good Star Wars game with a huge budget either.