View Single Post
Career Officer
# 8
03-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
Actually taking feedback into consideration and fixing bugs before they hit Holodeck would go a long way in players wanting to do testing on Tribble. This would go a long way from so many prospectives. They offer rewards to those players who test new seasons so why not offer rewards for amounts of time testing? Accolades that can be unlocked on Holodeck for 10 hours, 20 hours, 50 hours, 100 hours, etc. for time spent on the test server might actually encourage some more to put time in when there isn't something major to be tested. I definitely agree that new ships needs to be available for testing on Tribble 2 weeks prior to their C-Store or Holodeck release. This would go a long way when it comes to ironing out the bugs in them before they hit the live server. In the end though, it actually all falls back on the first sentense in this paragraph.
Yep. Sounds like their excuse for not making KDF faction a full level 1-50 with a proper tutorial also.

It goes something like this:

Quote:
Cryptic: we'll make more KDF content when there are more players on KDF side
Quote:
Players: we'll play KDF more if you add new content
Quote:
Cryptic: we'll listen to player feedback when there are more players on the test server
Quote:
Players: we'll test things more when you actually start listening to us
Bottom line is the customer is always right. Cryptic is bent on doing things their way. But if they want to keep customers they need a new business model: make the customer think they are the most important person in the world and try your best to meet their demands. The customer is who holds the key to the success of a business. Without us your ass is in the unemployment line waiting for your handout.

P.S. I don't want accolades for testing stuff. Got more than enough already. What I want is for them to listen to player feedback instead of "HERE BUY THIS!" -players buy and get pissed cause it's not what expected- "Sorry we go fix it now".
Self Portrait

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-02-2013 at 07:40 PM.