View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 83
03-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnurntumber View Post
This is why I hate time travel stories in Star Trek. They've gone to that well once to many times. If there ever is a new series or even series of movies they should make it a rule that time travel is out.

But that doesn't mean that JJ Trek doesn't exist. Its just a different timeline which any fan of sci-fi nowadays could understand in concept. If you don't like it, hey, you don't have to watch it. But with another movie being released soon its a bit silly to claim the timeline doesn't exist in treklore.
Yeah I am not saying it does not exist it was just that it is not an alternate Universe or more specifically an alternate Spacetime universe. However this thread did give me one idea to deal with it.

Nero in our reality (I say our meaning the last 40+ years of Trek ) went back in time and failed to destroy Vulcan and that is why it is still here. At the same time in an almost identical but parallel Universe but this time he succeeded, this for my comprehension and peace of mind is the JJ Universe and always has been parallel to "Prime" as it is so called. The distinction it is not time travel that created it, it has always been parallel.