Romualns,could It Be?
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
03-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by
So lets approach this from a financials aspect:
1. Klingon fans are mad and rage about their faction content not being on par with the Federation content. And so they have chosen not to support the game by spending money.
2. Romulan Fans have been waiting on the outside of the game hoping to someday be able to play their favorite faction. And they have money to spend in support of their fledgling faction were it to be introduced into the game.
3. <insert faction here> Fans have been waiting on the outside of the game hoping to someday be able to play their favorite faction. And they have money to spend in support of their fledgling faction were it to be introduced into the game.
4. Cryptic decides that they are going to treat all non-Fed factions in the same way with the same sort and amount of content going forward. They make a sort of template from which to easily create future factions and drop them into the game. This will allow them to better gauge where they will earn the best return on their investment of development time.
5. Cryptic squeezes non-Fed content down to the minimum necessary to get a non-Fed faction character up and playing in STO.
6. Since Klingon fans are not an income resource already, losses from Klingon fans leaving the game is not felt at all while the vast amounts of income from other faction fans greatly improves the corporate bottomline which in turn leads to more content for all faction players. (side benefit/perk is the quieting on the forums due to the massive outflux of negative commenters) .
very good analysis
would also add - they are slowly being out of the ship designs.. so before raising the roof - give us new factions. Aka : new ships, new toon slots, new bank slots, new DOFF packs, uniforms, are sold..
Romulans as a try, if that works, perhaps Cardies, Dominion, Ferengi, whatever..
btw - they made the whole Tau Dewa in what - 3 months?
so you think they cannot use assets from the foundry, create a green HQ and Embassy, copy paste the DOFF system from KDF, and here you go.. yeah 3 free ships, 3 fleet ships and 3 Zen-store ships.. in 5 months .. doable
Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Last edited by duaths1; 03-03-2013 at