View Single Post
Commander
# 55
03-04-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Do people really think that because a Romulan Faction is introduced (or any faction for that matter), that Cryptic is going to just STOP creating Fed & KDF amenities for the game down the road??
I don't think anyone was suggesting that; the thing is that right now the KDF and Federation both converge, such that the later seasons are all shared content. I wouldn't expect a new faction to be any different, so if the Romulans are being added then any unique content they have will be towards the start, but their end-game content will likely be the same as what the rest of us have now, barring any unique repeatable missions.

What's most interesting for me is whether this Romulan update is a new season for all use, a new faction, or both. I'd love to see both, but the development time for that would be pretty huge, which is why I'm interested to see if they'll go for a dual citizenship twist to cut down on the content they need to add.

After all, while we still have lots of Federation vs KDF stuff in the end-game content, I'm not sure the Federation is meant to be at war with the KDF at all once you reach level 50; it seems like the intention is that the two factions are converging towards at least some kind of shaky alliance against the Undine and Iconian threats, currently foreshadowed by the Tholians that we've all been fighting recently.