View Single Post
Commander
# 165
03-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Right, seeing as the 2-week margin is now up, I thought I'd weigh in on some of the stories I've read. Better late than never.

@sparklysoldier: Yowza! Yours was a lengthy read, but well worth it. I really like the way you alternated between past and present to create an emotional attachment to Six. Admittedly, there was a lot that sailed over my head (I'll probably have to read some of your prior work to fill in the gaps), but otherwise, I really liked it. It simulated the "feel" of a good TNG/VOY episode really well.

@gulberat: I think everything about your story that needs to be said, has been said already. It was really well-written, and while I feel that "downer episodes" are really hard to pull off successfully, yours worked.

@mussapiens: Your story proves why the Star Trek universe clearly needs more twitchy, insomniac Trill. Although now the idea of a Borg with a British accent has latched quite firmly into my brain.

@shevat: Probably the most original iteration of this literary challenge's theme I've encountered. It reminded me a lot of a Voyager episode I half-saw where Seven kept flipping between various assimilated personalities, but I must admit the idea of "infiltrating" the Borg with a fake personality was intriguing.