View Single Post
Captain
# 46
03-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecaptain View Post
Actually reread my post and you are wrong about plus 535 number. Plus 500 is the point at which stealth module becomes invisible at 0 meters without any perception buffs on the opposing player.

As far as the omega distortion field nerf to minus 400 that makes its stealth completely useless for anything. This was just an option in case redesigning the power to have no stealth at all was easier for the dev. And fyi being a catian only gives about 3 meters of extra perception at best. Perhaps you should learn the game a bit more before replying.

My suggestion for stealth modules nerf makes it balanced to where the player can still be invisible with covert but be detected at 8 meters or closer with any perception buff up on the opposing enemy player. This alone for the most part takes away the puslewave from operative one shot in many cases but still leaves the operative kit with covert somewhat viable to those who choose to use it.
If 500 really were the hard cap, wouldn't the gamma quadrant tribble make non-covert players undetectable? I just ran a test with another player ingame where base stealth was 484. The gamma quadrant tribble brings them up to 508.2. Now, under your claim, that would be perfect stealth, yet I was still able to see them at 6.7 meters without buffs and 19 meters with target optics. On a character with a +10 perception trait, I was able to extend the range to 8.9 meters (11.7 when they didn't have gamma). So my statement stands, it's around the 535 range where cloak becomes perfect to everything except buffs.

Removing stealth from distortion field would remove the PvE purpose for the ability, stripping aggro from your character. The small stealth rating on distortion field and ambush has a minimal effect on PvP. And with the cryo pulsewave nerfed, it's now impossible to oneshot another player unless their shields are down.

Quote:
Yes my choice of using cats for their mobility over anything is my right as a player. Be thankful the caitian isn't as overpowered as some consoles in space are. I would hardly call a 10 PERCENT chance to proc extra dodge overpowered. The logic is I unlocked the Caitian why build a ground toon without it. If it makes you feel better I have a Lethean kdf guy in the works that can kill you faster than a cat can.
We both know the real reason you use them. Their feline instinct trait makes them overpowered. Catians are the only race capable of abusing the shanty town terrain without cover shields. They can jump into the alley when under fire, then they can scale back up the wall to harass the other team with minimal risk to themselves. Catians are also the only race capable of getting jump flank kills. You know what I am talking about, using the catain's +75% jump to leap over a player's head while firing a pulsewave flank shot. The player has to do a complete 180 turn, and you can just hop back over their head to continue the cycle. I have witnessed you do that countless times. The only counter was rooting the catian, but now cryptic added motion accelerator to fire team, making roots useless against tac cats.

Quote:
As far as conflicting interests go rest assured I am being objective about this. If I had my way all stealth abilities on ground would be something else completely. But as I said to not make them useless for everyone the suggested nerf is based on my many hours of ground pvp and what I feel would be fair for the investment. In any case any experienced player knows how inhibiting the operative kit can be to the team.
Yes, I am sure you are completely unbias on this issue. I recall about two weeks ago you said something about if it had been up to you, there wouldn't be any stealth on ground.