View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 11
03-05-2013, 09:56 AM
BTW I'm now using this as indicators:

Bold = upgrade
Bold Underline = downgrade
Italics = New proposal or something I"m pointing out. plain text, bold, or bold underline

Retrofit etc Atrox Carrier:
Tier: 5? (Whatever is appropriate)
Type: Carrier/Science Vessel
Hull: 42,500
Shield mod: 1.2
Weapons: 3(4?) fore, 4 aft; Can equip dual cannons
Hanger bay: 2
Crew: 3333
Boffs: Tact tier2 x1, Engi tier2 x1, science tier3 x1, science tier4 x1
Device Slots: 4
Consoles: 2 tact, 3eng, 5sci
Turn rate: 6
Impulse mod: 0.10
Bonus Power: +5 shield, +15 aux
Cost: 5000 zen. Or 2500zen if you have the normal atrox but it gets turned into the upgrade!
Ability: Launch caitian stalker fighters; carrier commands, Subsystem targetting, Equipment slot for a giant hood ornament!

If we can't get a 3rd by then I say a 4th aft in opposition to the dreadnought. Or possibly the first 4/4 carrier. So 3/4 or 4/4.

And Is anyone considering you can already get 18 pets out. You just have to replay the mission. This would just upgrade from the normal one to the advanced ones if you want. I think it's less OP than you think it is.

About my previous proprosal:

My logic for the 3rd hanger bay previously was because you can already get normal device scorpion carriers. This would allow you to get some advanced ones instead and be an upgrade. To counter it you would only have 2 devices. So if you wanted the other 6 scorps from the devices you would have to use nothing else but them in your device slots. This makes a an 18/24 pet with 2 device slots as a opposed to a 12/18 pet with 4 devices. So it's much more pet orriented. Considering it's called the only true carrier it's a kind of appropriate Orientation for it compared to the other carriers. It would also only have the 3/3 weapons in my previous version plus NO dual cannons.

I would personaly prefer the 3 bays and 2 device slots over the 7/8 weapons. I don't think it's as OP as you think. I put in appropriate counters for it.

Another possibility is to change my uprade to the turn rate and do the impulse instead. Not sure which ones is more appropriate for it.

Retrofit etc Atrox Carrier:
Tier: 5? (Whatever is appropriate)
Hull: 42,500
Shield mod: 1.2
Weapons: 3(4?) fore, 3(4?) aft; Can't equip dual cannons
Hanger bay: 3!
Crew: 3333
Boffs: Tact tier2 x1, Engi tier2 x1, science tier3 x1, science tier4 x1
Device Slots: 2
Consoles: 2 tact, 3eng, 5sci
Turn rate: 6
Impulse mod: 0.10
Bonus Power: +5 shield, +15 aux
Cost: 5000 zen. Or 2500zen if you have the normal atrox but it gets turned into the upgrade!
Ability: Launch caitian stalker fighters; carrier commands, Subsystem targetting, Equipment slot for a giant hood ornament!

Original Catian Atrox Carrier:

Tier: 5
Hull: 40,500
Shield Modifier: 1.2
Weapons: Fore 3 Aft 3; Can equip dual cannons.
Hangar Bays:2
Crew: 3000
Bridge Officers: tact rank2 x1, eng rank2 x1, sci rank3 x1, sci rank4 x1
Device Slots:4
Consoles: tac x2, eng x3, sci x4
Turn Rate: 5
Impulse Modifier: 0.15
Bonus Power: +5 shield power +10 auxiliary power
Cost: 2,500Zen
Abilities:Launch Caitian Stalker Fighters, Carrier Commands, Subsystem Targeting

Last edited by aftulus; 03-05-2013 at 10:55 AM.