View Single Post
Captain
# 98
03-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
To reiterate, not all Romulan Tactical BOFFs are supposed to have Romulan Operative. That's intentional, and that's not being changed.

We *might* put more Romulan BOFFs on the store at some point, so that people can get the trait combinations they want - such as greens with Basic Romulan Operative, purples with Superior Romulan Operative, etc.

Adjusting the existing BOFFs would be unfair to people who bought the BOFFs for the powers they already have. While Subterfuge isn't as popular as Romulan Operative in the forum community, that doesn't mean someone didn't buy a BOFF with the intent of getting the Subterfuge trait.

Moreover, Subterfuge has some changes coming that should make it more generally appealing - I think that will alleviate a large part of this issue.
This doesn't make any sense and is counter to what was stated.

At present, there is NO Boff with Basic Romulan Operative. There used to be a Basic Covert Operative. But, when you made the change a few weeks ago, it was changed to Romulan Operative. If there is not meant to be a Basic Romulan Operative, why state that there is and give the stats on what it is supposed to be?

And, you already changed the nature of Operative to the people that already purchased it when you reduced critical hit and increased critical severity on the Operative trait. You may as well fix it as it was intended (or what the scale-to-rarity was set to). I'm sure most people bought the Very Rare Tactical BOFF in hopes of getting the Superior Operative trait, not reading the traits before purchasing. Likewise, I'm sure people bought the Female Rare tactical BOFF expecting it to have the same trait as the male version for the same reason. Are you not intending to fix this as well?

If you're going to try change Subterfuge, fix them both by combining the two traits into one and impose a stack limit to 3.