View Single Post
Career Officer
# 57
03-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
This morning's Star Trek update includes many updates to Gateway (which many of you have been checking out on Tribble -- Thank You!)

A major change is that we found a bug that kept many Internet Explorer users from being able to connect to Gateway. You would be able to log in, but would then get a timeout message. We believe that we have squashed that particular bug.

This update fixes many of the bugs that have been reported in addition, there is now support for contributing to fleet projects via Gateway. Here are some brief notes on this feature:
  • If you're in a fleet, you should be able to get to your fleet?s holdings page from the Fleet front page. Note that you have to access the fleet page from the character that you wish to contribute from. If you examine another character (say by clicking on their name in the roster) you will need to switch back to one of your characters. Do that by clicking "Change Character" at the top of the screen.
  • When you enter the holdings page you should see your current tier progress. Clicking on a tier should give you information on that tier.
  • Clicking on a project will show you the donation buckets and the progress of each bucket. If you have donation privileges (by default, anyone over a recruit should have donation privileges) you should be allowed to contribute just like you would in game.
  • If you are allowed to manage fleet holdings, you should be able to see what project is coming up next.
  • Each Holding should have it a Provisions page and a Leaderboard page which function much as they do in-game.

Known issues:
  • Currently donating Duty Officers and certain other items is disabled.
  • You cannot slot new projects from Gateway.
  • The donation slider displays incorrect values for certain items.
  • You can select project slots that are marked ?Not Available? ? however they just show blank boxes
  • Note that you have to access the fleet page from the character that you wish to contribute from. If you examine another character (say by clicking on their name in the roster) you will need to switch back to one of your characters. Do that by clicking "Change Character" at the top of the screen. We expect to make this less cumbersome in the future.
Nice! How can I check out these features? The regular Gateway link seems to link me to my Holodeck characters.

EDIT: Trying to get in through gatewaytest.startrekonline.com . Says there's an error "Log-in failed, probably because the one-time code was incorrect." For gatewaytest.startrekonline.com, I haven't used a one-time code since it was probably in the very first stages of testing.

Last edited by entnx01; 03-07-2013 at 07:12 PM.