View Single Post
Captain
# 9
03-08-2013, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
In detail, I'm referring to the question about de-coupling ship skins with ship abilities/powers/layouts.

(snip)

if you could make the ship configuration/costume you like, you'd never buy anything ever again.

(snip)

And throughout it all, I'm going WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG, WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. YOU'RE WRONG. YOU'RE WRONG. YOU'RE WRONG.
How is he wrong ?
Sure , if I could the Tactical Oddy's stats on my Galaxy , I'd buy an Oddy in a heart beat ... -- but I would not buy any more Fed cruisers .

Cryptic's income depends on me (and many others) buying more ships .
It's what they do . It's what they sell .
So they make it that I can't mix'n'match because they want to sell me more stuffs down the road , thus I'm left with a hope of some day getting a decent Galaxy .

Am I happy with it ? In the sense that I've got a gimped Galaxy -- not so much .
But when I pvp , at least I know that I'm facing a Galaxy or a Defiant and not an Oddy in Galaxy skin , or a Bug in a Defiant skin .

What I would appreciate would be making account wide access to the unique bridges that we own .
That breaks no game rules (AFAIK) , and it would help out the RP community a bit as well .
No one at Cryptic cares if I put the TOS bridge on my Defiant , so they should not care if I put a Marauder bridge on it as well .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .