View Single Post
Captain
# 12
03-08-2013, 08:45 AM
So, first of all, 3h 40 mins... I applaud. And it was pretty much on point throughout.

Second: Yay, I hope the C-Store Neghvar gets ready soon (real soon, not Cryptic trademarked soon). Assuming I could always get a good old neghvar skin on it (if it gets a new, ugly one), I'd have no reason not to get it right away (unlike the ugly B'Rel, Guramba, Marauder, so ugly i refuse to buy them).

Third: I have an unpleasant feeling from the interview that anyone that actually thinks about his/her build, what makes sense to use as abilities or equipment is a min-maxer to you. Which would be fine, you're entitled to your "categorisation" of players.
BUT, it comes across as an opinion that anyone falling in this min-maxer category seems to you as not being able to enjoy the game, only destined to nitpick on everything.

If I'm right, then I want to point out that even min-maxers enjoy playing, be it the PvP "bosses" (the real min-maxers in my book) or just the normal PvE player that wants to be better, explode less often, disabling enemies more efficiently.

Don't write off and neglect feedback from those players. They aren't a "handicapped" group of people (more so given his seemingly broad definion of min-maxers) whose only goal is to find flaws in your game. They're just trying to push the boundaries of what's possible, be it across the game or just individually ("Yay! I survived this mission on my own today!"). Actually, being the ones to think, build and test, their feedback is likely to be more accurate than that of, say, a roleplayer (at the very leeast when it comes to system issues).

Oh, and a last thing: good luck on trying to find time bringing older C-Store ships "up to par".
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 03-08-2013 at 08:47 AM. Reason: A mess of who I was addressing the post to.