View Single Post
Captain
# 353
03-10-2013, 06:52 AM
They can keep this perk. From my chair, STO is not currently worth a LTS. For a lot of people, it's not worth a monthy subscription. In fact, there are some who feel it is not worth paying a single solitary penny for.

After whatever is coming out in May comes out, I will decide which camp I am in. Right now I'm in the "I've got some money I am willing to spend on entertainment, but am not impressed with STO enough to fork over anything at the moment."

I've said it before and I will say it again. Monetize content of substance instead of fluff, and I'll pay for it. The May Release had better be amazing or my money will find itself in Funcom's pocket. The Secret World has had my attention for a while, and now that I am no longer unemployed, I'm ready to get involved.

See unlike Cryptic, they are selling mission content to unsubscribers, and making it possible for subscribers to play it without paying real money for it. People get to buy new stuff to play through. Here, we get to buy new costumes to wear while trudging through the same daily grindfests over and over and over... Yehaw!

Of course, playable content we would have to buy is playable content Cryptic would have to make, and Perfect World won't go for that.

Oh... and just to clarify... I will not be buying any Zen for use with Neverwinter until Perfect World decides to care enough about STO to direct Cryptic to make it into the MMO it should have always been all along... You know? The one Jack Emmert told us it would be? And no I will NOT let that go. He said it. He never redacted it.

So there...
I am of the opinion that Cryptic cannot because PWE will not...