View Single Post
Captain
# 3
03-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Try to be... vaguely reasonable.
But... But... But... WHY????

Hm... a C-store cruiser eh? Okidoki, I can do that.

Arbitrator-Class Strike Cruiser

Hull: 37000
Shield Mod: 1.0
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Hangar Bays: 1
Crew: 700
Device Slots: 4
Turn Rate: 10
Impulse Modifier: .19
Inertia Rating: 35

Console Setup: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science

BOff Layout:
LtCmdr Tactical
Cmdr Engineering
Lt Science
Lt Universal
Ens Engineering

Comes with a universal console Onslaught Power Relay.

Onslaught Power Relay

Passive:
+12 Structural Integrity Field
+12 Shield Emitters
+12 Shield Systems
+10 Electro-Plasma Systems
+10 Power Insulators

Boosts energy weapon damage by 5%. Increases impulse speed by 10% and turn rate by 10%.

Active:
+15 Structural Integrity Field
+15 Shield Emitters
+15 Shield Systems
+15 Electro-Plasma Systems
+15 Power Insulators

Boosts energy weapon damage by 10%. Increases impulse speed by 15% and turn rate by 20%.

Gains energy overload capacitor. +17.5% weapon proc chance, +10% critical chance, and 50% critical severity for duration of activation.

Duration: 10 secs, 3 minute cooldown (passives are reduced by 50% during duration of cooldown after active duration has subsided, however being equipped to the fleet version nullifies the 50% reduction).

This console gives the Arbitrator a slight bonus to it's SIF, EM, and Stl, while also providing a small boost in EPS and PI. It also provides a small passive bonus to damage and movement. When activated, all it's passives increase slightly, and the Arbitrator gains an ability that does massive spike damage for a short period of time.

Basic idea behind ship is a tactically oriented cruiser that hits hard and can move around decently, but sacrificed a bunch of hull to do it. The universal BOff slots are to allow for some modular design, but overall, she's a hard hitter. Her 3 tactical consoles plus her tactical BOff layout in addition to her hangar make her able to deal consistently high damage with decent spike potential. The console was just a little bonus to make her a little less squishy and give her an interesting active that basically makes her hit insanely hard for a very short period of time. It also gives you a huge boost to proc chance which can be a MAJOR pain in the rear for your target. The only downside is that during the 3 minute cooldown, all the passives are cut in half, making it almost worthless. So it's up to the player to decide if 10 seconds of hellish power are worth 3 minutes of gimped ship.

I also left it open to a fleet variant, which I will post below.

Fleet Strike Cruiser Refit

Hull: 41000
Shield Mod: 1.1
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Hangar Bays: 1
Crew: 700
Device Slots: 4
Turn Rate: 10
Impulse Modifier: .19
Inertia Rating: 35

Console Setup: 4 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 2 Science

BOff Layout:
LtCmdr Tactical
Cmdr Engineering
Lt Science
Lt Universal
Ens Universal

Costs 5 FSMs (1 if you have the c-store version). Requires Tier IV shipyard.

Note: the fleet version of the strike cruiser has reinforced EPS conduits and relays, so after the onslaught relay is activated, during CD the systems do not need to recover, and as such the passives are NOT reduced by 50% effectiveness.

Slightly OP? Probably. Needed? Nope. Posted cuz I figure what the hell? Yup.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!