View Single Post
Captain
# 4
03-11-2013, 10:27 PM
I would say you should rethink your doffs, with that setup you're doing a little of everything and none of it very well. I would also tend to drop the A2SIF (it's a great ability, but even so) for a second EPtS so you can be chaining those, which will probably help your survivability enough that you don't need some of your sci heals, and can replace one with an extra offensive ability to get a chain of those going (or just throw in a GW, that's always a good thing to do in PvE). Or if you really want to keep the A2SIF you could get a Mirror DSSV from the exchange for about 60k ec and give up one of your ensign sci abilities.

I also have to say, I'm not a fan of broadside sci ships. The way I look at it, your Tachyon Beam requires you to go facing I believe 10 seconds out of every 30, that means that for at least 12 seconds of every 30 you're out of your max DPS arc. This is why the DBB/turret thing is so popular, it allows you to stick with the max DPS arc while using your abilities. I always used to do single cannon/turret myself, with one torp, until the Vesta came out.