View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 22
03-12-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
Is the Romulan Torpedo any good? I have seen on chat, not to bother with it.
since the torpedo shots will head for a new target, when the origin target is destroyed, i would say that the romulan torpedo is an overpowered pve tool. furthermore i would say it stands at least for 2000 - 3000 dps

Quote:
btw... What is full of stars? My view screen is out at the moment.
ask Bowman, he is the only human, who has ever seen it ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
This makes sense, I will definitely consider this! In fact I'll test it out now and see how much of a difference it makes. The problem with relying on aux2batt for reducing TT cooldown is you can never get the CD down to 15s so you can't have continual coverage which is a pain. You only get a 30% reduction from aux2batt and the cooldown isn't long enough for it to be reduced twice so you end up with ~20s cooldown for TT1 which can lead to going boom.
that's true, normaly there is an additional gap of 2 or 3 seconds in the tac team cycle. i try to compensate it with rsp and shield repair drones. one unit is always deployed, the other unit will be dropped in an emergency case, or when the first unit is destroyed by npc warp core breaches.

Quote:
I refuse to go back to using torps, I'm sick of them. I'm trying to get a nice cannon build instead - I've always flown 3DHC+torp up front and given that I don't have room for any torp abilities on this ship (only one Tac slot, commander) I think I'll have to pass.
i don't like torpedoes, too. but these romulan torpedoes are fantastic, no they are even better than fantastic
at least, have a look at the damage (combat parser) of a player with this weapon

for a world without cheese -> clear sky