Thread: rp
View Single Post
Captain
# 5732
03-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Ramez: The 2nd and 3rd Fleets haven't left yet, so if you have a suggestion, i'd be glad to hear it.

Sam: What about Aldebaran?

Ramez: It's pretty heavily defended.

Sam: Our last intel on the system was a month ago, and one of General Sun Tzu's tactics was to "attack where your enemy least expects it". He expects us to move through the lightly defended systems, so strike a heavily defended one. Preston's forces won't expect it, and the 2nd and 3rd Fleets will still be able to get through and split up.

Ramez: Good idea, Captain. As for the System's defences, we don't have much intel, and I wouldn't expect it until we reach the target. We don't have time for a scouting mission.

We can send a scout 6 hours ahead of us, to get the sensor data, but it'll mean moving the 2nd and 3rd Fleets Distraction forward as well. If we have them attack Aldebaran, I'd rather they have more time.

Sam: Admiral, I helped the Federation test the Aldebaran Defences. If anyone can get through...

Ramez: I need you here Captain.

However, Captain Forrester was with you on the mission.

Sam: He knows just as much as I do.

Ramez: Very well. I'll have the Matthew Neilson rendezvous with the 3rd fleet.

Admiral Allen, the Dominion are moving as we speak. They should be arriving at the Idran System any moment now. I have Councillor Odo's personal assurances on that.
James: I don't think even a token force would be enough... I see the Dominion locking horns with the synthesizers as we speak.. Believe me they want to see which side wins...

But other than that... Aldebaran is a better choice..

You must wonder though where did all those vessels go? By the way Admiral Ramez a word in private?