View Single Post
Captain
# 109
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
You and MDK did a terrific job writing Captain Marcus Kane in as a sympathetic mentor.
Thank you ^_^ GulBerat and I had discussed for some time Alyosha's revelation as a Devidian to his crew to gauge how others may have reacted to the knowledge, and we came to the realization that as an immortal, Marcus would have no fear towards Devidians. Even if they were to feed on Marcus' neural energy (which GulBerat was adamant that Alyosha would not do, even if under orders to do so), the regenerative rate of the Quickening would replenish that energy more quickly than the Devidian could drain it, and while it would be unpleasant for Marcus, the Devidian would eventually be satiated, and he would not be killed by the process. It was GulBerat's concept to use Marcus in this LC, as someone that Starfleet Command felt was safe to assign with Alyosha, and that this would have represented the begining of the turn about in Alyosha's experiences with Command, which would allow him to progress and come to earn his own command I simply provided some of Marcus' responses to Alyosha's questions and experiences

Quote:
I do hope the two of you continue your collaborations. The two characters play so well off of each other!
Thank you ^_^ Marcus is now sadly dispatched (the unfortunate transporter accident he feared) but if a future LC was to present the opportunity to collaborate again, I would certainly welcome the opportunity ^_^

Quote:
One small nitpick regarding the timeline: Marcus Kane refers to the battle of Sector 001 as having occurred "three years ago" - according to Memory Alpha it actually occurred in mid-2373 (sometime before DS9 ep. 5x14 "In Purgatory's Shadow") There's a bit of confusion with stardates (due to the writers of FC not being on the same page as the writers of DS9) but the presence of Worf and the Defiant in the battle establishes that it occurred no earlier than 2372.
That one is totally my fault... I had believed that the Enterprise-E had been launched in 2370, and from Geordi's line to Picard that they had been out in space nearly a year, I had assumed that the battle of Sector 001 had taken place in 2370