View Single Post
Commander
# 85
03-13-2013, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztempest View Post
I actually skim over a lot of the threads in many of the different areas of the forums. I am thinking that most of us do.

I am picking up on a common theme amongst the Federation-centric and general forums that has me a bit down. That theme is a yearning for a true Romulan faction...and married to that theme are the ideas that for all intents and purposes the KDF as a faction should be considered "done" because it is likely that more players will flock to the Romulan faction anyway, and the KDF really does not need much new content...or ships...or storyline..and that it has been three years...and this is all the KDF should expect, other than the ability to start at level 1. I even saw one guy say that the number of ships are like 50 or so available at Tier 5, and that the KDF has more variety of vessels than the Feds do, and don't need any more ship types at all.

You know...if that happens (a new rom faction with the KDF being considered "done" as is)..well, I am a lifetime subscriber, so "leaving" the game is not really an option since I can pick it back up wherever I may have left off at...but if it goes down in this way, I will be extremely dissapointed.

I know that what is driving this is a certain demographic in the Federation player base that does not care the slightest for Klingon content or the KDF faction -- all they care about is getting into that sexy Romulan War Bird as soon as they can...and so they view the KDF as an obstacle to that goal...and obstacle that they really do not see as an obstacle because they -- in their own minds at least -- do not recognize the KDF as a true faction in this game.

It is sad. And depressing.

Easy Solution, force players to have to make it through a level 50 Federation, and a level 50 Klingon Account before they are allowed to go into the Romulan Faction. It would create a bigger level of respect and wants/demands for the Klingon Faction to make the grind "funner".

As far as ship availability, Romulan Faction will have far, far less ship types available. The entire Romulan Empire is designed/constructed around Espionage like styles. Even found in their Warhorse, the Warbirds, they are all geared towards espionage.

Every ship would be battlecloak capable, as seen when fighting the NPC Romulan ships. Even the Warbirds can battle cloak. How they will balance Romulan ships vs Klingon and Federation, we'll soon find out. but it should absolutely be a requirement to have a level 50 Fed, and Klingon account before being permitted to take on a Romulan Account.

They should also have a massive array of Romulan Birds of Prey instead of just the Shriek, etc. Romulans historically via Federation Lore if you've read the Star Trek books, aren't the types to typically go head on into battle. They are the kind of foe who would heavily favor plotted through tactics, they want to do as much possible damage, and kill as many as possible with as few as possible assets.

They like to work as many sides against each other towards their benefit. If Klingons are considered "Medium Difficulty", than the Romulans should be put down as "Hard Difficulty". It should lead to play styles that make every player think twice before thye just jump into a battle.

It should also effect player decisions in cloaking/anti-cloaking modules and abilities, etc.

Last edited by benovide; 03-13-2013 at 01:05 AM.