View Single Post
Commander
# 13
03-14-2013, 02:44 PM
This is still a work in progress.

Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit

When I saw the Lt Universal Bridge Officer on the Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit my first thought was to stick a tac in there and make the ship as dps focused as possible. I didn't want to lose the innate tankyness of the cruiser and I think I have struck a fairly good balance between damage and survivability.

Weapons
Fore: 3xFleet Advanced Phaser Arrays Mk XII, Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo Launcher
Aft: 3xFleet Advanced Phaser Arrays MK XII, Kinetic Cutting Beam

Equipment
Deflector: Adapted M.A.C.O. Deflector Array Mk XII
Engines: Adapted M.A.C.O. Impulse Engines Mk XII
Shields: M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array Mk XII

I generally use the Borg Assimilated set for the hull and shield healing proc as well as the tractor beam, but since I am specked into torpedoes I wanted to test out the bonus damage from the Adapted M.A.C.O set.

Consoles
Engineering: Assimilated Module, Zero Point Conduit, Tachyokinetic Console, Point Defense
Science: 2xField Generator Mk XII, Rule 62 Console
Tactical: 3xPhaser Relay MK XII

You will probably notice the lack of resistance consoles. Frankly, I find them to be completely useless. I specked 6 points into resistance and kinetic resistance respectively and that along with the 66% up-time of Auxiliary Power to Structural Integrity Field 3 have enough resistance and heal to counter bleed through. So Engineering is basically my dumping ground for all the toys.

Bridge Officers
Lt Tac: Tactical Team 1, Attack Pattern: Beta 1 (Romulan)
Lt Universal (Tac): Beam: Fire at Will 1, Torpedo: Spread 2 (Romulan)
Ens Tac: Torpedo: Spread 1 (Romulan)
Cmd Eng: Emergency Power to Weapons 1, Emergency Power to Shields 2, Eject Warp Plasma 1/Reverse Shield Polarity 2, Auxiliary Power to Structural Integrity Field 3 (Human)
LtCmd Sci: Hazard emitters 1, Transfer Shield Strength 2, Gravity Well 1 (Human)

Duty Officers
2xCon Officers (Tactical Team Cool down)
3xDamage Control Engineers (Reduce Recharge time of Emergency Power to Subsystem)

This was my attempt at making the Fleet Support Cruiser tactically oriented and I think I succeeded. The Uni as a tac gave me access to a couple more skills allowing more flexibility in combat. My excelsior build lacks fire at will so I had no way of dealing with spam other then my Torpedo Spread which is somewhat less reliable. Fire at will is also great in a team environment since It allows me to spread Attack Pattern: Beta 1 on all enemies in range and pull aggro off of the more squishy team mates. I've managed to maintain a decent level of tanking. Particularly if you replace Eject Warp Plasma 1 with Reverse Shield Polarity 2. I tend to keep Eject Warp Plasma as it combines well with Gravity Well and I'd rather be a little more offensive and toss caution to the wind. You basically have a lot of offense with no real downside (other then it costs a lot for the duty officers to pull it off). The romulan bridge officers (while also expensive) stack their critical chance and critical severity. Currently, un-buffed at 14.9% chance to crit, 81.8% crit severity. Attack Pattern: Alpha alone gets this up to 19.9% and 131.4%.

I can also get decent burst damage by using the point defense system along with my tactical buffs. I often use it on borg cubes to dispatch them in about 10-20 seconds. In KASE for instance when you pop out a cube just fly up to it activate all your buffs and when you get to within 4 km or so use point defense and watch the ship die. Not only are your beam arrays and torpedoes doing massive damage, but that in combination with point defense is devastating.

U.S.S. Mary Celeste