how do i cause a specific objective to be triggered by a certain dialogue choice?
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
03-16-2013, 01:07 AM
Well, first of all, there is only 1 dialog type where you can analyze player-choices. That is the dialogbubble you place on the map. The other 3 dialogs (story-contact,story-popup,map-contact) can not be used for this.
Second, you can not make objectives based on player choices. Everything based on a player choice has to be optional and outside of the main-story board.
If you want to continue despite these 2 major limitations, here is what you can do:
1) place a blue dialog bubble on the map
2) place a generator on the map (this will be for eng)
3) place a console on the map (this will be for sci)
4) place a enemy group on the map (this will be for tac)
5) give the map bubble 3 buttons (sci,eng,tac) and follow each with a page where your boff tells you: "You choose [tac,eng,sci]"
6) make the generator visible on "dialog prompt reached" and select the "You choose eng"-page
7) make the console visible on "dialog prompt reached" and select the "You choose sci"-page
8) make the enemy group visible on "dialog prompt reached" and select the "You choose tac"-page
from there you need to find a way to somehow lead all 3 things back to a common objective from the story-board