View Single Post
Commander
# 24
03-16-2013, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I don't know what's wrong with your BFI, but my FACR runs with 47% kinetic resist, and when I hit BFI, it jumps up to 70%. I then pop an EPtS3 and TT1, and her torp spreads do almost nothing. I have actually survived 5 TS3s one on top of the other in rapid succession using just that combination. I had to hit an Aux2SIF halfway through the 3rd one, but after that, my kinetic resist was around 72% (almost capped), so it did almost nothing (or what it did do, my passive hull regen and the HE1 I hit partway through #4 picked up easily).

Even her crits don't hurt that much. You just need to spec heavily into kinetic resistance. I always cringe when I see people running full Electroceramic hull armor, and then getting torped into oblivion. If anything, you should run more kinetic resistance, because the main damage from Borg in this game DOESN'T come from their BAs. It comes from their torps and cutting beams, which are KINETIC damage. So... stack the monotanium. Most of my builds run at least 45% kinetic resist, specifically for that purpose.
I've not had a problem with her torpedo spread for a while, but she will sometiimg dr-cloak right in top of me and I'll die instantly even tho she hasn't hit me with anything. This only happens when she is firing her radiation beam, but I explode before she has even fired it. Kind of frustrating since I pride myself on not getting killed.

U.S.S. Mary Celeste