View Single Post
Career Officer
# 1 Unknown entity deals damage??
03-16-2013, 03:45 AM
Just after the final shuttle took off in Mine Trap and we had the 12 second timer for the mission to finish, suddenly there was a large puff a smoke on the ground that dealt a ton of damage nearly killing me, and killing at least 1 player next to me.

I looked at the combat log and it said that an "unknown entity" did damage with a warp core breach. WTF? This was a GROUND mission. The only thing I could think of that would cause a warp core breach was a shuttle but it already took off and was far above us when this happened.

Screenshot as proof: http://imageshack.us/a/img51/4078/unknownentity.jpg

This isn't the first time I've seen something like this happen.

A while back I was doing Azura Nebula Rescue. I defeated the Tholians around a ship and proceeded to free the ship when I took a tiny amount (less than 100 points) of damage and was interrupted. I looked around and there were no enemies anywhere in sight because I defeated them all. I tried again to free the ship and again was interrupted. I waited a moment and started taking tiny amounts of damage every few seconds. I looked at the combat log and saw that an "unknown entity" was shooting me with plasma torpedoes. After about 30 seconds it stopped.

I've also seen this on at least 1 occasion in Infected: The Conduit Elite STF and it was right after we completed the mission. No enemies around but I was taking tiny amounts of damage from 'something'. Again, after about 30 seconds it stopped. It makes me wonder if this "unknown entity" is what causes 1 shot invisible kills in STFs. Never checked out the theory, but it makes me wonder.
Self Portrait

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-16-2013 at 03:48 AM.