Thread: STFs vs stf's
View Single Post
Captain
# 19
03-17-2013, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandee777 View Post
Bring back the old STFs. Okay I am not whining just asking...please bring back the old STFs. Actually have two sets of STFs...present and retro.
+1 Agreed .

Quote:
We would gather on Teamspeak or Ventrilo or whatever internet chat room the guild was using at the time and just....go....and have fun...dying a lot.
I pugged them a lot -- shouting in the Orrelious zone chat ... (sometimes for a long time to get a KDF pug going) -- but the experience of spending longer time periods with the same ppl also had me making friends .
How many friends can you make in the 'new' STF's ?

Quote:
For the retro STFs the reward would be the retro Borg gear just as it was before.
This is one point I disagree .
The retro set has been taken away to be in a Rep system , and while I'm not thrilled about that , I'm ok with it .

As for rewards -- regular award drops + bonus drops at the end like we have now along with 3500 Dil per mission seems like a fair number as these are x3 the length of a regular elite STF (even a little longer as some scenes are completely missing from the new versions of the STF's) .
These could also award Fleet Marks , but it's not a must .

On another note , Terradrome is ok as it is now , it's completable , which is the most important thing . I just wish they'd add it to the queue system .

Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
i gotta say, no.
if there is one thing i hate, its repetitiitititititivnessnessness.
This content already exists (at least I pray that master files of them exist) -- so this would neither be 'new' nor 'must do' .
Just extra optional content , that costs Cryptic little-to-nothing to implement .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .