View Single Post
Captain
# 5
03-20-2013, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
Depends what you class "unnecessary"... Star Trek fans would probably not consider a vital function of how shields actually work as "unnecessary". I mean sure... if you want Star Trek: Online to be something akin to the simplicity of Star Wars... then sure...

But Star Trek has always explained how its technology works and I think that is what gives it somewhat more credibility then other Sci-Fi genres.

Some of us enjoy technobabble and complication because thats how Star Trek has always been... well to me at least. Details are important.
they explained it until voyager, then everything went from exaggerations to pure histerics & rubbish writing.

sure in the start gr wanted what was shown on screen to be extrapalatory on then current science to the best of the staffs abilities, but that idea was trashed hard probably before ds9 was half way done.

unfortunatly people flying around like this guy ->
only want to think about buzzing around in their roach boat shouting ''wheeee'' every-time they turn, not making sure their ship is optimised for the situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.

Last edited by skollulfr; 03-20-2013 at 03:12 AM.