View Single Post
Captain
# 183
03-20-2013, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklysoldier View Post
Some characters do have a way of doing that. You know, the stories I wrote back in CoH also tended to jump around in time, and I think it's partly how my brain works: my attention tends to jump randomly around to different things, so the stories I write tend to jump around too, focusing more on the relationship between the past and present rather than the sequential events. Plus, it's so much fun to start en medias res, right in the middle of an unlikely situation, and work backwards to find how they get there. The next story I write, though, will be told in chronological order... if only because that's how it's decided to form itself in my head.
It's definitely funny when it happens and a character changes so much from an intended concept Really looking forward to reading your next story, I'm trying to let some ideas percolate and see what comes out ^_^

Quote:
I so missed out on the subtext the first time I saw the movie:
Likewise... When Ilia first came onto the bridge, and everyone was grinning, I just thought they were happy to see her

Quote:
all my innocently prepubescent brain could make of Ilea was that being bald's a futuristic hairstyle.
The really funny thing, is that I never even registered it as a deliberate hairstyle, I just thought she was a lady who was supposed to be bald (and the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen )