View Single Post
Captain
# 16
03-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I think you're wanting the wrong things. Instead ask for sci vessels and cruisers to be more in line with the current metagame. I would almost bet that every sci and cruiser ship released in the future will follow the recent trend of the Vesta, Ambassador, and the Chel Breen ship. From now they will have a better overall boff and console layout so that they have superior DPS abilities, occupy a clear niche (such as the ambassador is a better sci cruiser than a starcruiser), or are effectively hybrids.

This won't really help players who currently own the older ships but will likely make thigns better overall going forward. Of the recent sci vessels and cruisers hardly anyone complaints, its mostly the older designs.

Edit: It would be wise to consider what a rework of the ship system will mean to STO's finances. Even mighty Blizz prefers to leave in imbalances and not make things work more smoothly because they KNOW what wide ranging changes will really do to their bottom line. This is why you see Cryptic realease ships more suited to the way the game is now, but again... fans of the older ships are mostly SOL.
I suspect sky might have a point here; all the same, I like the ideas presented in the OP.

For what little it is worth, I add my recommendation that Cryptic at least consider a feasibility study of such a move. Never know, it could be worth trying.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters