View Single Post
Commander
# 34
03-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Starcraft II is a RTS. And since i'm a big fan of the genre, i can't disagree. RTS only make sense against players. But in STO? not so much. Arena looks like an horrible space FPS and i really don't like that. I'd rather play something around gathering resources, tactical elements, with some game cards elements (like support NPCs)... It would be a sort of MOBA and i can enjoy this. Badly design space pew pew sucks. MOBA games don't.

This is why i'm a fan of kerrat by the way. So, as long as PvP is a MOBA and not a poor space FPS I'm ok, but that's definitely not what it is, so don't change kerrat, rewards, and so on. But seriously, pvp would need a complete overhaul, because arena-style is FUBAR in this game, so unless they get rid of this and include major PvE elements in it it's not worth it.
I may be wrong, but I think the vast majority of the people demanding actual PVP means something like that. For example, Starbase sieges, Fleet vs Fleet, more zones like Khe'rat, sector control, strategies... The current PVP sucks cause its still in beta or less. Well, it always has to be an "arena" for the more hardcore and competitive pvpers, but what I want is just some fun involving interaction with another players... Y'know, an MMO.