View Single Post
Career Officer
# 5
03-22-2013, 10:30 AM
I think the crafting system is too easy.

I like the idea about being able to select craft specific modifiers ... that makes a ton of sense to me. "Captain I've improved targeting by 10%" translation; took standard Mk XII Torp, and added an Acc Modifier.

So the Input would be the Standard, common, variety... along with some matierials output would be the next tier up (uncommon). Etc. I always thought it was kind of funny that you get a shield... without putting in a shield. But I digress.

To me this sounds very treky. Star Trek VI Undiscovered Country... BoP that can fire cloaked... McCoy and Spock head to upgrade a Photon Torp to make an emission seeking one...

I think that is the type of crafting I would like to see. Let us take the commons, and make the Uncommon, then Rare, then Very Rare. Drop the Dilithium costs entirel... make schematics and materials harder to come by... Hell Schematics for nifty stuff should be mission reward only.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....