View Single Post
Captain
# 11
03-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau41 View Post
Oh, it's almost like you actually read my first post, except clearly haven't.
Are you physically incapable of having a conversation with someone without insulting them, or do you just feel the need to spew acid at anything with a pulse? You put forth an idea, people presented their opinions on it. Instead of having a rational conversation on those ideas you jump straight down people's throats.

Not helpful.

Quote:
Again, you're going to have to accept that we're probably stuck with ridiculous Dilithium sinks. The entire system is full of misery, so it makes sense to fix the entire system. 'Crafting' as it was implemented should never have been put into a science fiction game, but it was. I DID argue the line that the concept was stupid-I was nice about it.
I accept nothing as immutable. If I feel something needs to be changed, I say so. The crafting system has a solid foundation: you go find resources, you use said resources to get stuff that you want.

What's lacking is the implementation, and tuning of costs associated with said implementation.

Quote:
By the same token, let's put back in your face about effort, you're asking for easier crafting as well. That's what removal of the dilithium drain is for you-a crafting nerf to make it easier and take less effort. But get this-it actually DOES make sense that Dilithium-an energy resource-would be expended in the construction of advanced equipment! Throw the unereplicatable materials out, sure-they're just an intermediary abstraction anyhow.
I guess you missed the part about adjusting trace/commodity inputs to compensate for dilithium removal. Being limited to crafting one or two items per week is an absurd shackle to put on crafters.

Secondly, anti-matter reactors are far from the only means of power generation in the 25th century. So don't even start claiming that dilithium = energy resource unless you're planning on having people carry around fusion-oriented currencies, as well as making them go and hunt anti-matter.

Thirdly, don't pretend that dilithium is a coherent in-universe resource. Cryptic took a Trek-related name, and slapped it on the mechanism they use to artificially gate progress. Nothing more.

Quote:
What you want is a reduction in cost. That's probably reasonable-I'm certain that the cost is completely out of whack with other systems in game, as that was the exact problem with Champions Online. What I want is them to realize the same thing they realized in CO-everything about the crafting is bad. The execution is awkward, the concept doesn't make sense, on and on. Scrap it and make something good out of it. Since my point is to throw out the old system ANYWAYS, why not design it from the ground up to be more effortless? Again, YOU are the captain. You're not sitting around in engineering tinkering, you have a ship and away teams to lead.
What I want is a system that isn't completely redundant and inferior to a straight up npc store.

As I said above, the crafting system has a decent foundation. It's simple, straightforward, and with the right tweaks (especially in the mid-refinement area) it can easily be made into a vibrant means of advancing a character.

Quote:
Honestly, this gets even worse the second you look at it from a Klingon perspective.
Elaborate.

Last edited by stirling191; 03-22-2013 at 11:06 AM.