View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
I am trying to get this to run under Ubuntu 12.10 and wine 1.5.25 . So far I can log in and patch and click engage. I get the cryptic splash screen and a lot of fix me's and then the Star Fleet logo appears then a small white box appears briefly with nothing in it then dissapears! I think that might be the connecting to sever retry that many times appears when running in windows. It never dose anything else. Muno updater shows there is a new wine package so I will try updating. It only shows that it is version 1.5 and clicking on it says the list of changes are not yet avalible, so I won't know what specific version of 1.5 it is until I update and do a wine --version check. Ubuntu seems to be keeping up to the latest version within a few weeks of a stable version comming out. STO plays very well under native Vista so, my hardware is good. It might be a Mesa thing since I use a Intle GMA 45 GPU and Mesa seems to have problems with the Intel Ubuntu driver. I might have to switch my PPA to xorgedgers xcrack to get Mesa to work right. Here is the last few lines of Bash wine out put:

fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 0418.
err:winsock:interface_bind Failed to bind to interface, receiving broadcast packets will not work on socket 0418.

Any suggestions? I want to get this working before the Romulans get here on May 21, 2013!