View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
03-23-2013, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasukurobi View Post
There is no reason that the ships would ever have to be fully inverted. You could make it so that while they can be vertical that they would keep their top always facing "Up" so that if you tried to do a roll, for instance, you would automatically turn back upright.

Also; in DS9, which is reputed for its battle scenes, they clearly show the Defiant doing an aileron roll during its fight and other ships moving at vertical or near vertical trajectories.

Quite frankly the notion that you should be snapped to a plane in space is absolutely inane. Furthermore, the idea that you can blockade ships in open space (read: Not near a planet or any other specific location they may be attempting to reach) is absolutely insane when you take into account how massive a wall you would have to form to prevent them from going around it at warp speeds.

I have said this many many many times... Either A) Give us full 3D flight or B) NEVER EVER EVER allow anything to be on a lower or higher plane in missions. It frustrates me to no end having to spiral up or down in a mission created by the Devs to accomplish my objective when they are the ones who do not allow me to simply go UP or DOWN.
AMEN TO EVERYTHING YOU JUST WROTE HERE.

This is EXACTLY correct, and thank you for being part of the choir. Maybe after enough years of asking they'll finally do the right thing with this.

Again I want to reiterate that I'm only asking for 3D flight as an [b]optional feature.[b] Is there really anyone among the devs or players that for some reason has a problem with the idea of some people enjoying the game this way? I can't see a down side to allowing people to enable this if they wish.

I think we should start a cross-faction player group called:

STO Sanity. Our overall goal is to act as a QA team to hone the "immersiveness" of the game. Like fixing 3D flight. Making your captain sit down in the captain's chair instead of beaming off his own bridge to enter Tactical View from Bridge View. Allowing a BOFF or two to accompany you in maps like ESD or Drozana. Let there be debris from exploding ships and have ships with parts that can get blown off permanently (like blowing someone's nacell off etc.) until they respawn. Etc.