View Single Post
Career Officer
# 8
03-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Always sell your trash to vendors. They give you more money than tossing it into your replicator. Avoid Ferengi vendors though.

If you ever need to buy commodities for reputation or Starbase projects, go buy them from cargo ships hanging out in Sirius or Regulus sectors. They are much cheaper there.

Don't be afraid to use consumables like batteries and hypos. They exist for a reason and can save your butt in a pinch.

Do your story missions instead of just rushing to the level cap. You unlock specific daily missions by doing so. You also get access to some pretty neat gear that is only available through those missions.

You don't need the ships in the C-store to do well in the game. The free ships you get are perfectly fine and can keep up with endgame activities just fine. The paid ships just give you an edge or come with nice bonus items. They aren't absolutely necessary though.

Tribbles will eat any food items in your inventory and multiply. If you leave 1 tribble with several food items alone, you may open up your stuff and find a whole colony of tribbles infesting your inventory later on. That's not a joke either...I'm being totally serious.

I think that covers a few things I would have liked to know when I first started.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009