View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 210
03-23-2013, 01:34 PM
marcusdkane - I liked your entry. I'm sure there will be no problems integrating the former Borg Queen into your crew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Have to admit, I am somewhat surprized by Captain Carter's continued faith in Hillel's capabilities, especially when his internal monologue showed a less than humbled realization of the impact of his (in)actions on Thyssr, under those circumstances, I'm concerned that he might continue to be a liability, unless of course, Carter is simply 'giving him the rope to hang himself' in a future LC...
I am envisioning Carter as stubborn and judgmental, but with a sense of duty to help people. He may be giving Hillel a chance at redemption since it's the "right" thing to do, even though he personally disagrees. Does that make him a hypocrite? Or an ideal leader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
And yeah, when it comes to journalists, some things never change. They were sensationalizing war stories 200 years ago - there's no reason to imagine the same won't be true 400 years from now.
I was trying to find a theme to contrast against past topics of divorce, cloning, and wounded warriors. I just hope the journalist in my family doesn't ever realize I wrote this! (If Branflakes ever makes a challenge along the lines of "write something sentimental that makes your readers weep for joy," I'm sitting that one out.)

When are you posting something new? No rush, but consider this peer pressure.