View Single Post
Ensign
# 16
03-23-2013, 02:34 PM
(part 3)

She looked quite adorable: makeup smudged and hair unbound, resting her narrow chin on her interlaced fingers, which were themselves resting upon Gorel's chest. Her eyes were only a foot away from his own, but she wouldn't meet them.

"I've missed you."

He stroked her side gently and sighed.

"And I missed you. Although I didn't let myself realize how much."

"Four years is too long. Although I know why you did it. You can't give them anything to point at to say that you're not a dedicated Starfleet captain. No distractions, nothing favoring Cardassia."

He brushed her hair back as his throat gummed slightly. "I didn't ask you to wait."

She looked up at him for a moment before looking back down at his neck again.

"But now they've given you this new command, something to really show how the Union and Federation can cooperate," she said, giving no sign she'd heard what he said, "so what does that mean?"

"It means it worked." He said. There was a long pause as they lay there.

"I've requested you for the Yorktown's Chief of Security." She looked up at that, searching his eyes.

"Why?"

"Because I know you do your job well. Because I know you'll have a better chance than most at forging a working relationship with the Jem'hadar troops we're going to have on board." Her eyes widened slightly at that thought, and he smirked.

"Because I can probably only have one Cardassian on my senior staff, and there's no one that I trust and respect more than you. And because even if I won't be able to touch you," he said, bringing one thumb up to brush over her cheek, "four years has been too long to not be near you."

"Legate Eskot told me that you'd requested me. That's why . . . well, it is why, but it isn't why, you know, this . . ." he pressed his finger over her lips.

"I know."

She lifted herself up a bit and kissed him lightly.

"It won't be easy, but there's nowhere I'd rather be than on your ship."

She stretched, catlike.

"But those orders haven't come in yet; we're not yet in the same chain of command. And I fully intend to take advantage of that while I can."

"Yes, ma'am," he murmured, and she giggled.

Last edited by thesciencer; 03-23-2013 at 02:54 PM.