# 25
03-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I must say, this is poorly planned.
I partly agree.

Quote:
Players shouldn't be confused on when the event starts. Announcements should be made on every thread that is dedicated to Host-Participant communications.
It started a little later, but that is acceptable when you organize lots of people.

Quote:
Finally, there seems to be no specific curriculum planned for this academy.
What? Not that anyone will receive a Foundry diploma or something. This is about getting to know the foundry better in general.

I have to agree that it was way too long without breaks. The pace was hectic. Sometimes too detailed and sometimes basic points were left out. Like the snap to grid and its shortfalls, which comes up pretty often. Another important but missing aspect was the naming of object. Basic error was commited when building internal: Leaving the ceiling as the last object. Never do that, unless you want to screw yourself.

The warp-space transition with triggers was a real waste of time at that point. It would have worked much better as a teaser for the next episode. Like, tune in next time an see how to create this effect in 2 minutes. Also, while the flying around was impressive, that, too wasted plenty of time.

It may be just my point, but the Video - Chatbox layout was not too good. Either the video was too small to see or I could not see the chat. It would have been much better to have the video up and the chatbox below.

In general, I think it was useful for newcomers. I don't think it lived up to the expectations as a self contained video guide. But hey, you can't expect to get it perfect on the first try .