View Single Post
Captain
# 7
03-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Man, games where you have to actually reload your gun must drive you nuts.
not really.
since games where you empty a mag is 3 seconds sustained fire usually let to kill 2 or 3 things in that time

in those games i can actually use the weapon for more than 3 seconds before having to spend 4 seconds poking it the thing to get it working.

as it is there is no need for the annoyance of spending more time tapping away at a rifle than shooting borg. when it could be half a second interaction with the weapon then being able to use other abilities.

a situation that is literally true on defera where i have had the borg adapt to fire in 3 shots several times in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
If you want a 3 second remodulator, you can always get a fractal remodulator from Defera. or even craft some Presequenced Frequency Randomizers.

And of course, there are the STF sets, which all have a 3 piece bonus of instant remodulation. So really, what you ask for is already in game.
and to get that i have to accept being railroaded into using a single type of weapon. but, yea, half the reason i made this thread is getting that overpriced timesink 'fractal remodulator' only for it to be a waste of effort for something that seems to only just about let me spend as much time shooting as 'remodulating'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Call me clumsy and uncoordinated, but I'd imagine I'd have difficulty completely changing the way my rifle works while beating someone to death with it at the same time.
you arent talking about a mechanical change. you are talking about pushing a button to make it change its settings.
if it was analogous to anything it would be changing the fire select setting.
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.