View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 4
03-25-2013, 06:15 PM
It's not clear if you don't use the foundry language. I was really confused when you asked your question on the channel, i think it's even less clear now.

I still think you should stick to story dialogs. Copy-paste your text to story dialogs, delete your map popups, and use "objective complete/in progress" triggers to change the state of your objects and NPCs. Yes, it may happen when the player is reading the popup so he doesn't see the animations but there is no way around, unless you change the state of your objects or npcs between two different objectives with no dialog popups when they get completed.

You may just get rid off the necessity for the player to see the animations or change the progression of your story because it won't work. I hope i got it this time.

As a general rule, do not use popups on your map, unless you want to hide easter eggs and optional objectives and triggers on your map. There is no other use for these popups. It's very hard to maintain such missions afterwards, if you choose to use popups on your map instead of story dialogs.

Last edited by diogene0; 03-25-2013 at 06:19 PM.