[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
03-26-2013, 08:43 AM
As an escort captain, I think I can help here.
Originally Posted by
Well, my birthday is in a week, and I think I may treat myself to a new ship for Winston. He is a Tactical, so he would best fit an Escort. Plus those are the only Feddy ships that can equip cannons. The only problem is that I don't which ship to get.
1. From what I have read, the set bonuses seem quite good.
2. I already have 3k Zen, so I only need to put up 20 Euros to get the full set.
1. It forces me into a Phaser Build.
2. The upgraded guns cost an insane amount of Dilithium that I cannot get near as quick anymore.
In my opinion, the Kumari's too fragile. The tactical version is quite horrendous (that boff layout is possibly the worst in escort history). The other two you could possibly work around, but there's also the fact that they all have only two rear weapon slots. That means that when you're not facing your target you're only hitting them with two turrets. Oh yeah, and not to mention that to use those shiny wing cannons you're stuck with phasers.
1. The universal slots allow me to customize the bridge officer crew as I see fit.
2. The set bonuses given by the timeship consoles can very well keep me alive far better than much of anything else Winston has access to at the moment. (0 reputation as of yet.)
1. Whether I use 800 Lobi or sell keys, the cost just for this one ship is more Zen spent than the entire Kumari Pack would cost. Yes, I did the math.
2. Highly unlikely that any fleetmates just so happen to have a spare Mobius in their bank that I can buy/trade/beg/steal from them.
2. In addition to that, I would have to shell out even more Zen to get Lobi for the other temporal set consoles.
This one here is a nice ship, but it's all about whether you want to spend all that money on it.
Fleet Advanced Escort
1. I have wanted the Hephaestus Class version ever since I first saw it last summer.
2. If I buy the Multi-Vector version, the Fleet version will only cost one Module.
3. The assistance given by the Multi-Vector drones can allow a good player to solo a Cube.
4. I already have 3k Zen, so I can just go ahead and get the Multi-Vector, and start saving for a Module.
5. That one Module, I can hopefully buy/trade/beg/steal from a fleetmate.
1. It has 3 Tactical officer slots. Sacrificing an Engineer slot would hinder my ability to keep my shields up. As an Escort, the small size makes it heavily dependant on what little hull and shields it has.
The fleet MVAE can be a pretty good ship if you know how to use it. It's got an extra science boff slot which can make the thing pull a gravity well, if you want that. I've never used its separation (I don't own the thing) so I can't really tell you about that.
My opinion is that between the Mobius and fleet MVAE, the Mobius is what I would go for the Mobius
if you can.
Otherwise, shoot for the MVAE.
I am the STO Lorax. I picked myself up and left, until the day the fun is replanted.
Last edited by voporak; 03-26-2013 at