View Single Post
Captain
# 14
03-27-2013, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
It may come as a bit of a shock to you, but most KDF who have to Que for a match, don't HAVE those consoles you're ******** about, nor do most of them have all the PvE Rep grind passives and gear YOUR lot are swimming in.

Fact is, most of us only hit the rep system for something to do while waiting on Feds to grow enough of a pair to come out of FvF and fight a match, and when your lot do, they usually come in with more and better console gear than we have. the reason it's not a decisive situation, is that most Feds work together about like a bag of un-neutered tom-cats, which is to say, not at all.

The ones that DO, of course, come in pugmade and premade forms, but aren't afraid to que against the big-bad-ole-klinks with their big-bad-ole-consoles (that only a few actually HAVE.)

This generally works out to the best of the Fed players against the average-up-and-coming Klink players, which tends to raise the average of the Klinks in terms of relative skill just in order to survive a que'd match.

Further, the "Universal console gap" is a JOKE-feds are increasingly showing up in ships that have it (both faction specific, AND lockbox), but without the sacrifices. KDF Bird of Prey comes with (at most) seating for FOUR Bridge officers, typically a FedScort seats quite a bit more, with more consoles, hull, and shields, and near-parity turn rates with a decent build.

not a "GOOD build", but a "Decent" build.
I think you are missing the point of my post. I'm not saying someone is better/worse or OP/not OP. Just that FvK matches are unfun, compared to what they have been 2 years ago. And when I blame P2W consoles, I generally blame both sides.