View Single Post
Captain
# 10
03-27-2013, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dova25 View Post
Fleet defiant's decloaking alfa and /or the new kumari shield stripping overload hit are in my opinion the the best shield punchers in this moment.

Best value Cheese :except aceton's ( i don't have them btw) and leech,all other consoles are available to federation at a much lower price.On kdf side you have to buy a c-store ship for a console ,as fed you can buy it from exchange very cheap.

Best power drain :here it is again the comparison between siphon drones and danubes.Which are worse ? Hard to tell.Both will stop you and wreck your play.

About the ship I agree that kdf would need some better punching ships than it has now.That is one of the reasons that most of PVP is done in lockboxes in this moment.(Best "raptor" =fleet defiant ,Best c-store sci =vesta ,Best c-store hec =armitage)
KDF battlecruiser's are nice and are considered better than federation counterpart.(I don't know,I didn't use them)
Bops are nice but you have to use a hit and run tactic with them and I personaly dislike this strategy.The veteran destroyer is a good ship but you have to pay a LTS for flying it.
Vet destroyer: I have an LTS (yeah, I got stupid...) and I have one on one toon-and it sits in drydock with the Qin raptor one of my other toons tried out, and the Vor'cha my Engie levelled from 40 to 50 in.

Comparing a Vor'cha to a Fed Assault Cruiser: yep, better turn rate, dual heavy cannons..
not enough tac slots to make use of them, and crippled compared to the Assault Cruiser in terms of survivability, and crippled vs. a FedScort in terms of manueverability and ability to apply damage in a directed fashion.

That said, it's nice in PvE, but when I determined that PvE was getting dull, I went and ground the Dil. and bought me a Hegh'ta instead-because it has turn-rate and I can use funny tactics with it, whereas the Vor'cha was basically just a cube/probe killer and Kang or Portal guard.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.