View Single Post
Career Officer
# 111
03-27-2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
i can see you are fine with tacs doing sci's job better than scientists, causing the nerf of science skills
Why do you think Sci's job is damage?

What about the design of the Sci captain indicates to you that the Sci captain's "job" is damage?

It isn't.

The Sci captain's job is force multiplication and kill set ups.

There is no career that does this better.

Quote:
and it's amazing how you didn't speak about fbp
Why would I?

When someone uses FBP...stop shooting them,

Quote:
they should only boost weapons and projectile trainning, all kind of consoles work better on tacs
Then when a Sci captain uses SNB (removes protection) or SS (debuffs resistance) they should not be able to use any weapons or tactical skills or skills like Warp Plasma correct?

Quote:
and AGAIN, how can tacs boost the incoming damage, making a fbp2 without prtg to reach 1.3 reflection ? i can't reach 0.9 in my fbp3 with prtg maxed and 125 aux
You, are quite clearly, focusing on the wrong aspects of what a Sci captain should be doing.

Quote:
sensor scan is cleared by science team, just like fire on my mark is by tac team
No.

Sensor scan is an AoE. It can require up to FIVE SCIENCE TEAMS to clear.

It's also needed to clear that other important debuff we keep discussing, SNB.

Quote:
that synergy you talk is wrong, its very easy to counter a subnuke and a sensor scan combo, you just need a science team, and a rsp waiting

dont tell me a science strike is better than a tac's just because you saw your rsp3 or whatever taken away
There is nothing you can do to counter the buff strip aside from hope you have more buffs.

Stripping defensive buffs are the key to kills.

Understanding howto use Subnuc is critical.

You're still, erroneously, thinking about "science strike" and a Sci captain functioning like a Tac captain.

You need to spend some more time thinking about what a Science captain is designed to do.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 03-27-2013 at 06:08 AM.