View Single Post
Captain
# 50
03-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenight00 View Post
I probably would watch it to be honest. I play STO which stretches canon so far they might as well just toss it out the window.

That being said though I doubt a trek series based on JJ's universe would be any good. These new trek movies are like the Michael Bay films, they capitalize on nostalgia to fill a movie studios coffers. They rewrite the story of whatever subject matter they are ripping off, so the movie could be repackaged in a way to guarantee more ticket sales. ie Special Effects, sex, and bad drama with little story.

If you take out the special effects of these nostalgia exploitation films you'd see there is very little story actually holding the movie together. A tv show doesn't have the special effects budget like a movie studio does, so all we'd be left with is bad story telling during the series. I'd probably still watch though. I watched the train wreck that was Voyager out of fan loyalty.
Agreed, the JJ movies wouldn't translate well to television, they are just popcorn flicks with nonstop action and momentum.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR