# 261
03-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
OMG Azera lives! :wub: :wub:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
Oh, yeah. I'd assimilate that. :-P
And I thought Kirk was all she'd have to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
While investigating the ruins of a Preserver Temple, Azera is exposed to an energy discharge which causes her cells biological age to begin to catch up to her chronological age... Of course, the crew manage to arrest the process and return her aging to a normal rate, but only after she has aged a decade and change... ;-)
That does sound exactly like the sort of crazy TOS-style plots our crews might get into.

Quote:
Once I decided that she was indeed going to be a legitimately assimilated officer, not just a ruse, I wanted her personality to be as opposite to the Borg Queen's as possible. Of course, the neural restructuring and knowledge of the Collective is going to be reflected, somewhat like a joined Trill, as opposed to when McCoy held Spock's katra, and Spock was essentially 'pulling the strings' at times, but for the most, I wanted her character to be very different to that predatory magnetism which the Borg Queen possesses, even if that is the first thing anyone would see when they look at her...
I could see that making for some fun story moments in places like Club 47 or Starfleet Academy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
I was sort of going for that classic Plane-Crash/Lost-at-Sea-survival-movie clich?. You have the one character nobody really likes at first, then he starts to grow on you, then he dies.
Oh, it absolutely worked too. Also, I'm ashamed to say it took a second read to notice Watterson the fuzzy animal, plus Cal, short for Calvin, and put the pieces together. As a Calvin & Hobbes fan, I salute the I.K.S. Norgh'a'Qun all the more! Plus, the song quoted would work very, very well as a soundtrack for this story as an episode...

Two more stories read!

@takeshi6: Something gives me the feeling an ambitious emperor in the Mirror Universe named Lelouch could be a very, very bad thing. Very nice dialogue, I like the story's perspective within his thoughts, and a complex political power struggle in the MU could be very fun to read, especially if it spills over into the prime universe and its version of the character.

@sanders233: So the good news is that religion apparently is alive and well in the 25th century! The bad news is that it's helping some people brush aside things that maybe they shouldn't be brushing aside so fast. Very good, and bleak, look at wartime morality and, as gulberat pointed out, the hollowness of the forgiveness Jesu seeks and how he obtains it...

Last edited by sparklysoldier; 03-28-2013 at 07:01 PM.